Thursday, January 20, 2011

Melodies and Sunshine Memories

Here comes the sun... and my smile.

My brother sent me several links to the band The Radio Dept. I've been listening to their stuff, particularly Heaven's on Fire. The electric melody, poppy beat, and surf undertones awaken my summer senses and visions of youth. I'm ready to get out of work, slip on my Chuck T's, ride the day's flow, and get lost on the boardwalks and beaches of San Diego.

My teenage summers were always filled with good music, tan and leathered skin, and a continual state of dirty fingernails. I drank water and juices like they were going out of style, hardly ate a thing, and found myself energizied by oxygen and sun. I was too busy to concern myself with chores, eating, and dressing well.When I discovered boys, the added element of emotion had me singing from cloud 9, and the summers were that more fun, or maybe dramatic. With the exception of the emotional recklessness, I'm ready to slip into that attitude of warmth and sunshine and let the good times roll.

Check out my latest two favorite songs that send me down summer's memory boulevard:






I'm anticipating summer. This one is going to be unbelievably good.

Kissing and hugging you,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment