Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm considering a life and health transformation through a 45 day Bikram Yoga Challenge. Don't tell anyone.

I went out for drinks and appetizers with my friend Jon. His girlfriend recently received her Yoga teaching certificate, and from the beginning of their relationship (over a year now) he's been practicing Bikram Yoga.


"I'm doing a 60 day challenge for the 2nd time. I start February 1st and go until my birthday. You should do it with me," he suggested.


I stared off into a far corner and took a big drink of my wine. Could I commit to a physical activity for 60 days? I've been wanting to try my body at different sports with the intention of finding something I love and keeps me in shape. Could Bikram turn me into a 10? I'd even take being an 8. It would clear my skin, and I could wear less make up. I know guys like a natural woman. Maybe I'd be turning away date invitations after only 3 weeks of Bikram. All those thoughts trucked through my head. I lit up inside about being a size 4 and as hot and nimble as Tinker-bell. If I loved Bikram perhaps I could keep at it until summer. I live next to the beach and don't have a beach body. I've been complaining long enough about my size. I dislike pictures of myself.


"Let me think about it," I said with a smirk knowing full well that I was really considering it. If I'm going to do this, I need to beef up the stakes, and put it all on the line. I want to get as much out of this for my life and not just my body. There is a list of dreams I've had going for a year, perhaps this discipline and focus would gear me towards getting what I want. From experience I know being in action gets results.


Maybe this could be the thing to get that hot vegetarian, yoga, surfer guy's attention. Or maybe I would choose to date him. Am I that shallow? Maybe I should just do this for myself. Crap, am I really that consumed with what I look like? Yes.


Though hesitant to reveal what I want, I think it's time I put my ass on the line. Here is the list of things that I'm seeking for my life:



Love 
Friendships with creative and entrepreneurial-minded people 
Freedom and full self expression
Financial abundance
A radical relationship with Creation and creativity itself
A career I love (that doesn't feel like a career)
Make my own schedule
Be physically active every day
Have lunch and drinks with the above people and my close friends
Regular travel and road trips
New car
Cabin at Priest Lake
Clear complexion 
Eat 75% raw
Surf regularly 
Record music regularly (and perform somewhere)
Six pack (why not, I've never had one)

There are a few other things that I'll later mention, as of now that's the main list.

Tonight I granted myself me time and a long shower with the allowance of letting my dreams run wild. I love indulging in the "what if" process!

I haven't committed to this 45 day challenge. Forty-five is all I can do; I'm leaving town during the later portion of March. However, February 1st is approaching quickly. I tried Bikram a year ago, and enjoyed it. I'm going to go this week, and then one last free session before I purchase a month unlimited package.

I'm ready to transform, but am I ready to face the challenges that come with it? What is there to give up? Nothing and everything.
Spot the twice used Yoga mat!
Is it time for its 45 day challenge debut?
I'll be the judge of that. 

Xox,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I really love yoga :) Bikram kinda kicks my butt.. but I thoroughly enjoy it

    Saw that you're coming to the meetup, and I wanted to introduce myself... I'm one of the hosts of the meetup, so happy you're coming :) Looking forward to meeting you

    ReplyDelete