Monday, July 19, 2010

On Texas' time

I left San Diego Wednesday morning and returned home Sunday evening. Check out several days of my travels....
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
 
I'm currently sitting in the Denver airport at Gate B54, waiting to board a flight to Dallas. Tomorrow I will be attending my aunt's memorial service and spending time with relatives I haven't seen in 23 years. It's during times of travel that I feel free, I feel alive, and at peace with myself. I feel like a woman who can stand on top of the world with fearlessness. (And in that moment I feel like any man's dream – I’ll expound more on this later - men, you'll want to check that blog out, I'll be interviewing women so you can gain a little insight on what to do when a woman is feeling that raw power) It's the journey, and the thrill of knowing anything can happen that brings me to levels of freedom. The feeling stirs me to a deep sense of power, an untouchable, immovable power. Traveling is a seductive dance with time and geography, and I am aroused by the adventure.

Many have already stated the following regarding our advancement, but I'm deeply elated with the capability of being able to travel to three major cities in one day. Of course more earth has been covered in a day, but this travel time is specific to me, and I feel alive right now.

Of course I don't always feel so powerful. I’m an occasional stubborn, always independent, know-it-all, self-titled cool woman. Due to these “qualities” I missed my flight from San Diego to Denver this morning because I wanted to keep my cool by walking through the airport at an I’m-comfortable-with-life pace. Looking back at the morning mishaps, it is clear that I'm in my mind much of the time. I'm continually trying to achieve a state of looking good and avoiding looking bad. I’ve taken a make-believe chill pill. I’m now content and enamored with the current state of my wanderlust.

Friday, July 16, 2010


Note to self: Write a blog on the relationships from a woman’s point of view. Elaborate on how a lack of confidence can be a deal breaker. Emphasis on the “approach and pounce” method and how detrimental it can be. Yuck!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Though I'm flying home after a long weekend with family and new friends I find myself unusually optimistic. Perhaps it's the good company I was with, or it's the current realization that life actually IS good and that the control I’ve tried to have on life was completely unnecessary. Speaking with a cousin of mine only reaffirmed a longing to encourage women to be bold and confident with who they are. Another cousin was an astonishing example of what a husband and father can be and has therefore caused me to readjust my sites. I was able to spend time with beautiful children who clearly understand the real beauty in life and how to be the very essence of joy. The time spent with them reassures me that I will one day be a spectacular mother. All in all, I will wait for these things.

There is  more I wish to accomplish before adding more responsibilities, and this includes constantly loving those who surround and support me. At the end of this weekend I still cannot forget to acknowledge what brought us all together: my beautiful, free-spirited aunt. Though she passed over a month ago, we celebrated her life this week. Thank you to my cousins, and thank you to my Aunt Linda, you are forever loved.


I also want to acknowledge my cousin Angela for being a powerful inspiration to me and to, I suspect, so many other women. I'm proud to have you in our family.

All my love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment